Music is a fundamental value of the congregation and of the clergy.
The successful candidate will be a good steward of our rich musical heritage, including traditional organ music, hymns (Hymnal 1982), singing and choral music in the Anglican tradition, but will also be open to spirituals, music folkloric, Latinx and contemporary musical repertoire. hymns and hymns.
Mediator Episcopal Church is a welcoming faith community located in the historic West Park neighborhood of Allentown, Pennsylvania (90 miles from New York and 60 miles from Philadelphia). We are located within walking distance of Muhlenberg College and Cedar Crest College. Mediator’s organ is a three-manual Allen digital organ in a French romantic tonal style.
To learn more about the parish, organ, and worship at Mediator, visit https://episcopalmediator.org.
- Musical direction for liturgies:
- Choral Eucharist (Choral morning prayer periodically), Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. in the year of the program; 9 a.m. Simple Eucharist sung during the summer
- Major non-Sunday holidays (Christmas, Holy Week)
- 4 Vespers / Lessons & Chants per year
- Weekly choir rehearsals in the year of the program
- Practice and preparation of hymns, service music, accompaniments and volunteers
- Programming of liturgical music, in consultation with the rector and the worship committee
- Collaboration with the rector and parish administrator on editing/proofreading music in weekly flyers
- Regular office hours and meetings with Rector and staff
- Demonstration of substantial musical training and acumen.
- A music degree and/or AGO certifications are desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of Spanish or proficiency in Latin liturgical music is desirable.
Time & Remuneration:
Part-time employee; ⅜ times (13-18 hours per week); salary according to the guidelines of the Association of Anglican Musicians, and commensurate with skills and experience. See: https://anglicanmusicians.org/salary-guidelines/
- A resume/CV with an email to Fr. Dale Grandfield, Rector and Dr. Katherine Kaiser, Search Committee Chair at [email protected]
- Videos and/or recordings of performances/games are helpful and are encouraged
- Application Deadline: June 15 or until filled.
The Episcopal Church of the Ombudsman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex , national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave, compensation and training .